The RISM survey
The RISM Central Office carried out a survey about the online catalog from October 30, 2014 to February 28, 2015 (view the survey questions here). In total, 551 valid responses were received, 342 in English and 209 in German. The survey was part of a larger, year-long user study that examined how people interact with the online catalog.
Please contact us with any questions you might have: email@example.com.
Publications and Conferences
- The RISM Online User Survey: Report (May 2016)
- Other reports on the RISM website:
- May 29, 2015: Results of the RISM User Study, Part I: The Survey
- August 10, 2015: Part II: Your Comments - Coverage in RISM and Citing Literature
- August 12, 2015: Part III: Your Comments - Chronological limits
- August 14, 2015: Part IV: Your Comments - Libraries, Coverage, and Completeness
- IAML Germany annual conference, Stuttgart (AIBM-Tagung)
24 September 2015, Plenary session: Musikbibliothek für alle
“Die RISM-Nutzerstudie: Überblick und erste Ergebnisse” (Martina Falletta, Alexander Marxen, Jennifer Ward, RISM-Zentralredaktion)
- IAML Congress, New York
23 June 2015
As part of the session RISM Round Table, we presented initial findings from the survey. (Jennifer Ward)
Comments from the survey
Our initial reactions to some of your comments were posted the week of August 10, 2015. For a full evaluation of all the comments, please see The RISM Online User Survey: Report, above.
First up, we talked about coverage in RISM and how we cite secondary literature.
Next, we talked about the chronological limits of RISM and how these limits are set.
Lastly, we discussed the issue of libraries, coverage, and completeness.