Welcome to the RISM Community!
The RISM Community is the place where contributors and other interested individuals can come together to exchange ideas and information.
How can I participate in RISM?
Individuals can support our work by:
- cataloging sources directly with RISM or sending us descriptions of sources not yet in RISM
- reporting mistakes in the online catalog
- making us aware of new research concerning sources
- informing us of performances that involve music found in RISM
- alerting us to institutions not yet in the siglum database
- translating the RISM brochure or Wikipedia articles into their local language
Libraries can support RISM by:
- opening up their collections to RISM contributors
- supporting their work by offering work space, Internet access, etc.
- offering staff to work on the project (training is provided free from RISM)
- sending RISM data from local catalogs about sources not yet in RISM
- contribute financially. All donations are welcome! (Receipt provided.)
(1) Workshop in Shanghai, 2018, sponsored by RISM Chinese-Language Region. Photo by Vivian Zhang.
(2, 4) Workshop in Frankfurt sponsored by the Editorial Center, 2018
(3) Participants of the conference “Documenting Musical Sources in Latin America,” Mainz, 2016